Monday, May 11, 2009

le handshakage / PROM '09!

How is it that a simple handshake can be the re-beginning of things lost? It honestly amazes me but I’m really not going to question it very much. For four months now, there has been nothing but silence, awkward walk aways, diverting of eyes. One night changed it all! But then… the date, to the dance, to the handshake and words that were lost below the music. Not like I was about to ask what he said though! He spoke words. To me. Personally. Made my night right there, without a doubt. But does it really change everything? I once told myself I’d never let him just come back into my life just like that. But, when you lose someone you love like that, best friend material all you really want is to have it back.
Which I guess leads me to like… prom! Random fact on my part, the only dance I’ve ever been to throughout my entire educational career was in 6th grade, the first dance of the year. I remember dancing to freakin’, “it’s getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes!” Took my button up shirt I had on, off and thinking I was just the coolest “cat” in school swung it around until I realized I was just a chubby loser! :] Now don’t get me wrong over there, you reader who has never and most likely will never meet me. I love to dance. No matter how stupid I may look, how wild the move is. It’s just something my family does, and I’d like to say I do it well but I’d definitely be lying! Either way prom comes around, and I’m without a doubt skeptical of the non-stop hip/hop, rap, and obnoxious dirty dancing. However when I arrived the place looked nice, the music was already pumpin’ some pretty good music and after only 10 or so minutes of getting used to it all, people started to dance like a bunch of teens who didn’t have a care in the world and it was awesome! As for the raunchy dancing that was done, it was kept in the back and everyone else was left to laugh and make stupidly huge motions with their arms! Ahh white people lol. Then when it was all over, before I left, hugs for anybody and everyone who wanted one, the handshake. The words. A big flippin smile. ( I just wanna cuss!)
If you had prom, hope it was awesome and good luck in college, or wherever you’re deciding to go and do. Best wishes for one and all.
Peace out-
The blackest white person you’ll… almost ever meet. (jk)
-Will

No comments:

Post a Comment