Friday, May 1, 2009

China's BIG!

The one child policy... hm, alright. So since 2006 a policy of only being allowed to give birth to one child has been implemented in China with the hopefulness that the population will decrease in size. Just a few fun facts here... China has 1.3 Billion people in it's borders. That would be about 20% of the population, of the world. Compared to the 300 million we have in the U.S., this seems completely absurd and just, "how do they do it?!" After all China's like what a quarter of the size of the States right? Probably wrong about that, terrible at geography plus it's just epicly lame so whatevs! Anyways, there's been a big need for contraceptives, as well as abortions and forced sterilization. There's a definite need for some kind of change in China, they've been growing steadily since the 50's and seem to be bursting at the seams. With high rise buildings, huge apartment buildings, crowded streets somethin' needs to change I'd say. As of right now I feel that is this were to continue it could help life out gradually and sooner or later let up a little on the only one child thing, maybe make it two all in hopes that the population doesn't just blow up like it has over the years.

Something I've kind of just seen, maybe it's because it's the idea that other people have, also no offence to you if you have a large family... but what seems to recently have been happening is that the more pool families of today have given birth to 4 or more children and they tend to be the less educated persons. Yet again, not trying to offend anybody just kind of what I've seen...

One child policy... good, usually. But not forever.

adieu - Will

2 comments:

  1. hey im desi, and go to anderson. i completely agree with yopu. the one child thing, shouldnt last for long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Its not thier fault that they were born there so now they gotta follow some law. I think they should over throw the government. I mean there's like alot of them and only so many government people.

    ReplyDelete