Monday, May 18, 2009

Darfur

Among the people who are mostly involved with Darfur, are the Chinese, the government of Sudan and the militias that were created by the government of Sudan. After a rise of two rebel groups in Darfur, the government of Sudan ( wonder how many times I can say that in here… jeez.) decided to return the rebels anger with anger of their own in turn creating militias to defend against the rebels. Where do I even get started? This is everything I have wrong with the conflict in Darfur. The Chinese decide that it’s a good idea to give money to the government of Sudan in order for them to provide the government made/ funded militias who in turn just murder innocent people throughout the country. The militias were made to stop the rebels, not murder everyone in sight. They’ve obviously gone overboard and now the government is either too oblivious to the fact or doesn’t care, there goes another problem. In order to stop all of this, they (the rebels) I feel need support, but then come even more problems. How does a country justify helping rebel groups who are fighting for the right reasons, instead of fighting with the government who’s supposed to be running the country? Maybe that’s the problem here and why there is hardly any support within Darfur. Which is more important? Trying to fix an unfixable object (Iraq… in my opinion of course), trying to work with people who don’t even want you there. Or do you sent your troops to an actual possibility of saving many lives and being able to help instead of just butting in with our high-tech technology and fire power. 2.5 million Lives have been lost already, why is there need for more? If help came, I’m sure some kind of agreement could be met. If only…
Best of luck to all - Will

No comments:

Post a Comment