Monday, March 30, 2009

Globally Warming Things Up

Global warming. Good lord this seems like it’s all getting out of hand. As good as an idea to save all this gas and do stuff like turn your lights out, or recycle! These are principles that everyone should already be living by. The fact that it could now, “save the planet” means that everyone who was once too lazy to change and once left the t.v. on when sleeping, are supposedly going to change? We don’t even know if it’s going to change anything. What if it’s too late? Looks like there’s not point for any of this.
Now that’s a totally pessimistic view of things, of course. But just because there’s a new way of doing things doesn’t mean it’s all going to be okay! I feel like living green is a great idea, but it shouldn’t take the possibility of collapse of Earth to make people see that. Flippin sad… I find when I look around I see hybrids, solar panels, even some new recycling bins to ensure everything that can be recycled is. It’s all “the best idea.” The new fad is more like it. Love our wonderful Earth, but seriously? Getting tired of all of these people being, “more green” than someone else. For instance, there’s a woman in Austin who has insulated her trailer with newspaper and during the winter wears only a beanie for warmth due to her not having any kind of heating or cooling system. I can only imagine her conversation with some rich person who feels that they’re, “more green” than this poor woman in a trailer.
“I have a hybrid car and have just bought a new apple computer whose battery will last three times that of the usual laptop.” – The rich one.
“Well I have a trailer that has no energy at all! What better way to save energy then to never have any to use?” – Weird lady.
It’s all a g.d. game. Yet, another way for people in the world to say they’re better.
Ah… jeez. Forgot all of what I was supposed to be talking about. Anyways, my school has recycling for paper and bottles. That’s pretty much all I see it doing, probably too ghetto to do much else. Have to worry about freshmen in “gangs” getting in a million fights. Spend money on the 20 or so cops that come through here and there. No time or money to think much on green concepts.

1 comment:

  1. really liked your comparison of being green the "rich" and "poor" way. Is being green hip and will it make an impact on global warming?

    ReplyDelete