Thursday, January 22, 2009
What it is, this is me.
When I was two years old I got in a car wreck. I like to think that little incident hasn’t skewed my whole brain until I was a little older, but that’s the only thing that I remember, until I was about three when I started to go to pre-school. It might make sense why I’m so random and can’t remember close to anything, I can’t cuss. This sucks. Just out of randomness I’ve cussed since I was four, or at least before I got into elementary. My neighbors who were all three to five years older than me would look at me and decide whether or not to go “tattle” on me. Since they were older and much cooler, they decided against it and rather just move on with their day, shoving their backs in my face and letting me know that I’m not worth their time. My freshman year I wrote this story about this guy who wrote this poem and I liked it due to the fact that it had to do with suicide. My parents had some fun with that… NOT. They sent me to go get “tested for ADD and ADHD.” I found out later, this was a complete lie, they sent me to go see if I was going to commit suicide by blowing my brains against the wall or something like that. I found out I was mildly depressed and life went on from there. I personally feel it was a waste of my time and my parents money, and therapists ask stupid questions like how does that make you feel?, or What do you want to do about it? Just to get paid an extremely large sum of money from stupid people who don’t have friends and need somebody to talk to besides their dogs or cats who can’t say anything back. Life hasn’t always been that big of a downhill rollercoaster though, I met my best friends in kindergarten and although I’m only truly best friends with one of them still, it was an experience I will never forget. It’s where I got my first kiss plus like 30 more, a girl I wanted to date from kindergarten nearly all the way to 8th grade. I went to River Oaks and it was pretty lame. I got sent to time-out every week for something stupid except for one time when I bit a girl. (I still don’t know why I did it.) And p.e. was more like walk around in circles while the coach watches you, then every once in a while he’ll let us play a game of basketball. Westview Middle School, now that was an awesome three years of my life. I played football and basketball, where I never was higher than B team. I’m pretty sure it’s because I was a chubby white kid, who could only run as fast as the balls being thrown at him could run. I don’t know why I let people pick on me, and still do it’s easy for them and I hate starting fights, unless I’m not at school. But, in middle school there was really only all talk and no action so nothing ever happened outside of school. High school came around and I was happy to be 4 years closer to leaving prison. (That’s what school is in my mind) But now I’m a senior with two off periods and a car, with every intention to make this year one to remember. I plan to go to UTSA and get in the caps program to get accepted into UT automatically if I can keep my grades up. Later in life I wouldn’t mind being an actor, or comedian, maybe even a teacher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Will.
ReplyDeleteIm Sara. I go to Anderson High school. I dont like getting into fights either, but they tend to happen to me. Its cool that you still have one of your best friends for kindergarden! What do you like to do for fun?
sara :)
'Allo. My name is Ariela. I go to Anderson High School.
ReplyDeleteI too, hate counselors/psychiatrists. They ask stupid questions and they dont really listen to what you're trying to tell them. And since your parents are the ones paying them, theyre the ones the shrinks listen to. oh well...
Hello. My name is Evan, also from Anderson High School. I agree with what you said about elementary and middle school. I can't wait until I'm a senior and also when I have a car, because I'm only a freshman.
ReplyDelete